"They tell me I'm crazy but you told me I'm golden..."


Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Mystery of the Stolen Tea

Tea and I have a very special relationship. I love the smell of tea shops, the aroma of a freshly-brewed cupppa, the blisters I get when I sip before letting it cool down--everything. I even have my own stash of tea which no one dares infiltrate unless given permission from me (which must be signed and in triplicate). No one, that is, except the Tea Thief.

One of my favorite teas in the stash is vanilla honey chamomile. The bags, while individual, come in twos so that you have to tear them apart before using them. While I have been merrily chipping away at this box, I have noticed something unusual. Whenever I use one bag, I carefully put the other back into the box, but when I return to make another cup, the other bag is gone! I have noticed this only happens when I leave one of the unattached bags in the box. I have thus devised a trap to catch the thief (which I suspect is a Brownie). I have just brewed a cup of the tea in question, thus leaving a singlet in the box. However, I have put a hole in the other bag so when the little guy takes it, it will leave a trail of tea leaves and spices behind, thus leading me to it's nefarious lair. We shall see if he falls into my trap.

Signing Out,

Fireball

No comments:

Post a Comment